It’s that time of year again…valentines day. What’s missing? A bae. But you know what? That’s okay. Because single awareness day exists, and it’s a great opportunity to enjoy being single and practicing self love. You don’t always need a bae to celebrate Valentine’s Day, so this year, we encourage you to love yourself! Here are some fun ways to enjoy being single this year:
- Treat Yourself! – Splurge on yourself! Have an online cart filled with potential items? Go cray! And spend a little of that hard earned cash on YOU!
- Have a Movie Night – Whether it’s by yourself or with some friends, grab some popcorn and a fuzzy blanket and enjoy your favorite Netflix series.
- Take a Fitness Class – Get that heart rate pumping! The Campus Rec offers a great selection of workout classes to take Monday-Friday! Try something you’ve never done before – you never know how much you’ll love it! (And how much you’ll sweat)
- Create a Vision Board – Focus on your strengths vision boards are a great way of mapping out where you are at in life and where you want to go. Grab some old magazines or print photos online of things you love and go wild! Hang it up in your room or office so you can always be mindful and motivated. Vision boards are a great way to reflect who you really are and what your aspirations are.
- Give Back – Partaking in acts of kindness or community service can boost your self-efficacy! Valentine’s Day is about love, right? You don’t need to be in a relationship with someone or something to spread love. Get out there and make someone smile or give back to your community. It will make you feel great!