As the end of the semester approaches, you are probably planning those beach getaways and fun in the sun to get that golden tan. Or, you could be planning your trip to the tanning salon. That’s why it’s important to take sun safety into consideration. Click the link below to see what happens when a bunch of people think they’re getting a free tan.
Did that shock you? Here are some sun safety tips!
• Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. Reapply your sunscreen as directed!
• Exercise in the shade to stay cool.
• Wear protective clothing such as hats and sunglasses to minimize the effect of the sun’s rays.
• Reduce the risk of heat-related illness by knowing the signs of dehydration, and staying hydrated.
• Avoid consuming alcoholic and caffeinated beverages before and during outdoor activities because they increase your risk of becoming dehydrated.
• Look out for any new moles and/or marks on your skin. Be sure to get these checked out by a dermatologist.
Want to learn more? Click here!
Written by Allie Fonseca, Peer Educator