In moderation, coffee in its original form will always be the smartest option at any coffee shop. While plain coffee is not the popular order, these tips will give your coffee a little something different:
- Know how much sugar you are using
- Ask for fewer pumps of flavoring
- Try replacing sugar with whole milk to reduce bitterness
- Say no thanks to the whipped cream
Not a coffee lover? Try the ever-tasty Tazo Teas from Starbucks.
Teas are a healthy alternative for that caffeine fix or just as a refreshing drink. Many studies have shown multiple health benefits from drinking tea.
- Shaken Tazo Iced Passion Tea (unsweetened)
- Shaken Tazo Iced Black Tea Lemonade
- Nonfat Tazo Green Tea Latte
- Soy Tazo Chai Tea Latte
Frappuccions: The Student Favorite
The tasty Frappuccinos are a fan favorite on campus. These creamy, icy blended coffee drinks can have added sugar, BUT they can also be on the healthy side if YOU choose to make it that way. This can be done with Starbuck’s new “Make your own Fraps.”
Students now have the ability to pick and choose exactly what goes in their Frap. This gives you the option to…
- pick your size
- milk choice
- type and quantity of flavoring syrup
Listed below are some pre-made light options:
- Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee
- Coffee Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee
Starbucks is known for their drinks that change with the seasons and also where ‘tall’ doesn’t always mean biggest, so understanding what’s in your favorite drink can be key to helping you stay on track.
Written by Erica Vasquez, Peer Educator