Spring is in the air which means summer is right around the corner.
The sun is shining and you will too!
Here are some tips on how to stay healthy and fit this summer:
1) Eat breakfast. Don’t skip any meals. Breakfast gives you the energy to perform!
Start your day off with a healthy, balanced meal that has fiber, protein and carbs. Try
Greek yogurt with chopped fruit, whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and sliced banana, or sautéed vegetables with scrambled eggs
2) Learn proper portion size. To avoid eating too much of even the healthiest foods, keep track of how much you’re eating. Here is a great reference: http://www.webmd.com/diet/printable/wallet-portion-control-size-guide
3) Drink Water. Water keeps you hydrated and can help boost your concentration. It can also help keep you from unnecessary snacking.
4) Keep Healthy Snacks Around. Stick to snacks like apples, carrots and hummus, yogurt, Kind Bars or nuts. With healthy snacks on hand you’re more likely to choose them!
5) Drink Moderately. You can still have fun without consuming all the calories that come along drinking. Stick to 3 or 4 drinks a night.
6) Exercise! Choose workouts you enjoy! There are many different options, such as riding your bike, hiking, running outside, running on the treadmill, playing a sport or taking group exercises classes such as Zumba, yoga or kickboxing. Switch it up regularly to avoid getting bored! Having a gym buddy can also help you to stay motivated and on track with your workout regimen
Written by Samantha Tatulli, Volunteer