It’s getting to be that time of year – exams, papers, presentations. You may feel overwhelmed and spread thin, but don’t worry, Thanksgiving break is just around the corner.
To help make your break less stressful, make yourself a check list of things you want to bring home or need to bring back to school after break. Some commonly forgotten items are:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, razor)
- Phone and computer charger
- Medications, Glasses, Contacts
- Shoes (besides the ones you are wearing)
Also, check the weather. I’m from northeastern Pennsylvania and last time I went home I was not prepared for the weather. It rained the whole weekend while my raincoat, rain boots, and umbrella were safely in West Chester. You may want to add these to your list:
- Raincoat, rain boots, and umbrella
- Winter coat, gloves, scarf, and hat
Do you plan on forgetting about school for these next couple days or doing homework over break? I plan on making it a combination of both. Break is necessary for many people because a lot of professors make their assignments due right before break, so there is time to prepare for finals when we get back. But, if you don’t do any work over break, you might find yourself even more stressed out after.
- Organize your work by due date, do you have something due Monday November 26th?
- Do you have a class that needs a little extra attention?
Take some time to get organized and take a breather over break. Do what has to be done, but also take some time for you. Try not to stress too much and just enjoy your break because finals are right around the corner!
Written by Julia Kane, Peer Educator