Getting tired of doing the same thing every weekend? Looking for options that don’t include drinking? There is plenty to do! October is a great month to go out and do something different! My roommates and I love Fall and Halloween so we always make sure to break out of our regular routines in October!
- Don’t forget about Sykes After Dark every Friday!
- October 12th Salsa Magic and The Amazing Spider Man!
- October 19th Homecoming Events! And Ted plays
- October 26th Rocky Horror Night! The Movie is Step Up 4!
- WEST CHESTER CHILI COOKOFF on Sunday, October 14th from 12-3. For more information click here!
- THE HALLOWEEN PARADE on Wednesday, October 24th marches through downtown West Chester, it starts at 7:00 on Market Street!
- THE BATES MOTEL is just a 15 minute drive to 3 great attractions. Here you can tour the haunted Bates Motel, go on a haunted hayride, or walk through a haunted corn maze. To buy tickets and see prices click here. Check your local WAWA they often have discount coupons!
- GHOST TOURS OF WEST CHESTER are 90 minute tours starting at 28 Market street and are just 10 dollars! Reservations are required and can be made by calling 610-696-2102. Tours are every Friday and Saturday night, rain or shine, now through Halloween.
- HIGHLAND ORCHARDS is just a 15 minute drive for apple picking, hayrides, a pumpkin patch, a bakery, and a petting zoo! For more information click here!
Whether you have a car or not there is lots to do in October! So next time you catch yourself saying “I wish I had something to do,” keep these options in mind!
Written by Julia Kane, Peer Educator