Summer is the perfect time to start adding more vegetables into your daily routine. With so many different vegetables coming into season, it’s hard to pick a bad one out of the bunch! Wondering what is in season this summer? Visit the Fruits & Veggies Matter More website for a list of what is in season June-August.
Do you need some ideas to get more veggies in your diet? Check out our tips below:
- Add sautéed spinach, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and/or tomatoes to an omelet or scrambled eggs.
- Add a handful of spinach to your morning smoothie
- Snack on carrots, celery, cucumber, or pepper strips. You can dip them in hummus, low cal dressing, or top your celery with peanut butter!
- Fill your sandwich with veggies like lettuce, spinach, or sliced peppers or cucumbers.
- Add a salad as a side to any lunch or dinner.
How do you add more veggies to your diet?