Are you hanging around West Chester over Spring break 2012? Looking for something fun and new to do? Day trips are a great way to take a quick break from the studying and stress we like to call college. It is easy to find new activities that are close by and affordable!
Here are a few great references to start you off:
Find your imagination at the Crayola Factory– Not just a place for kids! Think outside the lines and come see how crayons are made though more than a dozen exhibits of colorful and fun learning.
- Admission is $9.75 for adults
- Open March 13th-March 16th from 9:30 am to 3 pm
- Extended until 5 pm on the weekends
Go to http://www.crayola.com/factory/ to plan your visit!
Tour HERR’s Factory– A tasty activity any age will enjoy, and it is free!
- Monday – Thursday 9 AM to 11 AM and 1 PM to 3 PM
- Fridays 9 AM to 11 AM
Go to http://www.herrs.com/ snack factory tours to schedule one today!
Visit Longwood Gardens– Enjoy over 1,000 acres of beautiful gardens, meadows, and woodlands for a low price of $18 per adult.
- Hours up until March 22nd are 9:00 am-5:00 pm everyday
- Only about 15 minutes away from campus!
- 1001 Longwood Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348
Go to http://www.longwoodgardens.org/ for more information!
Experience the Franklin Institute– Where the giant heart keeps the beat! There are so many different attractions that will keep you busy all day. These include theaters featuring 3D films and IMAX shows, and exhibits that keep educate you on the miraculous side of science hands on!
- Located in Center City of Philadelphia
- Hours are Daily: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Prices vary on the different events and tours.
Go to http://www2.fi.edu/ to explore even more!
You have an entire week of no classes, so make the most of it! Spring break doesn’t have to be just another typical weekend, so use this guide to start your planning.
Written by Jen Ryan, Peer Educator