Congratulations! You are almost halfway through the spring semester! But before you can give yourself a pat on the back, you might have a few obstacles to overcome—midterm exams. Here are some tips to eliminate stress during midterms!
- Sleep— Be sure to get 6-8 hours of sleep every night, or take a short, 20-minute midday nap to recharge.
- Exercise— WCU has plenty of group fitness classes, open recreation hours, and more! Check out the campus recreation page: http://www.wcupa.edu/campusrec/
- Limit your study time— Take a 15-minute break to rest your brain for every 2 hours of studying.
- Have fun— Check out WCU’s monthly events (www.wcupa.edu) and the Wellness Education events for this semester! (www.wcupa.edu/wellness)
- Eat healthy— Remember to eat breakfast and lots of fruits and vegetables!
And if you need a little help focusing on midterms, here are some great ways to
- Find a comfortable, quiet studying location.
- Think of the midterm as just a routine test to eliminate extra pressure.
- Highlight notes in advance to quicken the studying process.
- Go over the exam material for 20 minutes every day for a week before the exam.
- Studying during the day is typically more effective than studying at night.
- Give yourself a pre-test instead of just reading notes.
- Ask a trusted friend to change your social networking passwords so you are less distracted! 🙂
Written by Carol Fritz, Peer Educator