Adopting and maintaining healthy habits can sometimes be tedious and exhausting, but did you know that just a simple hug can go a long way in terms of your health? Here are some lovely facts that show that love is an important ingredient in the recipe for a healthy lifestyle.
- Hugging and hand-holding can dramatically lower blood pressure and boost blood levels of oxytocin, a relaxing hormone.
- Women in happy relationships have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease than those in unhappy relationships.
- Loving partners and friends tend to reduce your stress, encourage healthy behaviors, and dissuade unhealthy behaviors.
- Tender love and care can lead to faster healing and a stronger immune system.
- Kissing can burn up to 90 calories per hour.
How will you show some love to a friend, partner, or family member?
Written by Carol Fritz, Peer Educator