Need to video tape something for class but don’t have a camera? Need to borrow a computer in the library, sign out a projector screen for a presentation, or laminate materials for class? Head on down to the Instructional Media Center (IMC) located on the first floor of the library!
Here are a few more things that the IMC can help you with:
- Textbooks: Student and teacher editions, teacher resource books for use in grades K – 12. Listed in the catalog.
- Curriculum Guides / Syllabi: Current guides to curriculum and additional resources for teachers, and historical guides from local school districts. Listed in the catalog.
- Jackdaws: Copies of documents relating to historical events. Located in filing cabinets. Listed in the catalog.
- Big Books: Large format children’s books. Located in a browsing area, and listed in the catalog.
Any forms, either films or paper, containing reproductions of documents for transmission, storage, reading, and printing.
- ERIC Microfiche: The ERIC index is available on CD-ROM and via the Internet. The print index, Resources in Education, is available on the Index Tables in the Reference Area.
- Kraus Curriculum Development Library: Microfiche collection of curriculum guides, beginning in 1978 and written on the national, state, and local level. Access is through its own annual index. The print indexes are kept near the microfiche in the IMC. A CD–ROM index is available at the Reference Desk for use on CD–ROM workstations 11 – 14.
- Videos: VHS videos for children and adults on a variety of subjects. Listed in the catalog.
- Kits: Resource materials in most subject areas. Each kit includes different elements which may include activities, filmstrips, cassettes, puppets, etc. Listed in the catalog.
- Poster Sets: Study prints on a wide variety of topics. Located in cabinets by the service desk. A card file allows access by subject.
- Posters: Individual posters organized by broad subject categories. Located in cabinets by the service desk.
- Math Lab: A variety of math manipulatives and other resources for teaching mathematics. Listed in the catalog.
- Transparencies: Commercially produced and mounted transparencies on a variety of topics. Listed in the catalog.
- Audio Tapes: Cassette recordings, including children’s literature, which may be accompanied by a book, a filmstrip, or both. Listed in the catalog.
- Sound Recordings (LP Discs): a large collection of spoken word and folk music recordings. Listed in the catalog.
- CD–ROMs: The IMC is beginning to develop a collection of general and K – 12–related CD–ROMs. Listed in the catalog.
Help and Hours at the IMC Desk:
The IMC Desk is open:
- Monday – Thursday, 8:00AM to 10:00PM
- Friday:8:00AM to 4:00PM
- Saturday: 12:00PM to 5:00PM
- Sunday: 2:00PM to 10:00PM
Inquire at the Reference Desk when the IMC Desk is closed.
Written by: Kelly Zalalas, Peer Educator