Thanksgiving break is just a few days away. Will you forget about school work for a few days? Or will you use the extra time to get ahead on all those assignments due at the end of the semester? If you aren’t planning to do any work, re-think your plans for less stress when you return!
Here are some ways to make the most of your holiday break:
- Pack your books while you are packing your clothes/toiletries to go home!
- Take 20 minutes to make a list of everything you have due for the rest of the semester. Organize it by due date to prioritize the assignment.
- Estimate how long it will take to complete each project/assignment. Make a plan to complete those assignments over the last two weeks of school!
- Spend at least 2 hours per day over break doing school work. This will eliminate being overwhelmed with work to do on Sunday evening.
- Start some healthy habits over break. Sleep for at least 8 hours, eat fruits and vegetables, and exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Spend time with friends and family. There is no better way to rejuvenate than to be around your support system!
What are your plans for break?
Written by Alicia Hahn, Assistant Coordinator of Wellness Education