Most teachers encourage their students to use the Writing Center on campus, but how many people know where the Writing Center is, when to go, and how it works? Not as many as you’d think. Teachers across campus give some details on their syllabus, but that doesn’t explain how the writing center works.
- The Writing Center is located on the 2nd floor of Lawrence in room 214.
- They have hours Monday through Thursday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm and Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- You can schedule an appointment on their website.
The Writing Center:
- Is for all West Chester students who want help on any kind of paper whether it is for English, Math, Business, or any other class.
- They help everyone from struggling writers who need help with the basics, to the best of writers who just need a second opinion on their paper.
- They help you become a stronger writer by working on skills rather than just focusing on the errors in one paper.
The Writing Center is a great resource but remember they are NOT there to go over your paper with a red pen and tell you what to fix, tell you what grade you are going to get, or write your paper for you – so come prepared!
Do’s and Don’ts for the Writing Center:
- Bring your completed paper or draft with you.
- Allow yourself some time, meetings are about 25 minutes long.
- Bring questions, the tutors are happy to help you any way they can.
- Bring your paper the day it’s due, you may need time to make adjustments to it.
- Expect the tutor to do all the work.
If you have any questions or concerns, call them at 610-430-5664 during regular business hours.
Written by Julia Kane, Peer Educator