80% of women and 70% of men, in the United States, are dissatisfied with their appearance because of the world we live in. Everything from ads in magazines to TV shows are trying to convince us look like Barbie’s. The expectation to be the “perfect” woman or man is genetically unattainable for most of us. Let us help you love your body! Come out to our Love Your Body Day event on October 17th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Can’t make it? Here are some ways to love your body:
- Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.
- Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.
- Keep in mind that life is too short to waste time being unhappy with your body.
- Do activities you enjoy without letting your shape hold you back.
- Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
- Put a sign on your mirror that says “I’m beautiful inside and out.”