Looking to get scared or just have a little Halloween fun? There are plenty of events on and near campus to get you in the spirit:
- THRILLER THURSDAY at Sykes on Thursday, October 27th from 9:00pm – 11:00pm, learn the thriller dance, get your face painted, and have your fortune told. There will also be a Halloween costume contest and free food!
- HALLOWEEN PARADE on Thursday October 27th starting at 7:00pm walk up into town and enjoy marching bands, cheerleading, and dance team performances. For more information call 610-436-9010 or click here.
- HALLOWEEN FUN RUN is on Monday, October 31st at the Gordon Natural Area. Registration starts at 4:00pm and the race starts at 4:30. It’s free to enter and the first 50 students to register get a free t-shirt.
- GHOST TOURS OF WEST CHESTER are every Friday and Saturday in October, reservations are required, call 610-696-2102. Tours start at The Lincoln Room, 28 West Market Street and cost 10 dollars. Click here for more information.
- THE BATES MOTEL is just a 15 minute drive to 3 great attractions. Here you can tour the haunted Bates Motel, go on a haunted hayride, or walk through a haunted corn maze. They are open every night now until Halloween night weather permitting. To buy tickets and see prices click here. Check your local WAWA they often have discount coupons!
What’s your favorite way to celebrate Halloween?
Written by Julia Kane, peer educator