Spring Break is approaching quickly. This means a full week with no classes, no schoolwork and maybe even a vacation to a warmer climate. Before you leave for spring break here are a couple of things to keep in mind.
Before you leave campus for spring break remember to:
- Lock all of your doors and windows before you leave.
- Unplug any appliances in your dorm or apartment.
- If you are travelling, make sure you have proper ID.
- If you’re expecting any packages have them re-routed to your house.
- If you are going away remember to let your family and friends know your itinerary.
If you plan on drinking:
- Set and stick to a limit of how much you are going to drink.
- Alternate your drinks with water.
- Eat with an hour of drinking and while you are drinking.
- Go out with your friends, stick with your friends, and go home with your friends. It’s one of those small things that will help to keep you a whole lot safer.
Make sure you know the signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning.
- Person is passed out and cannot be awakened.
- Person has cold, clammy or bluish skin color.
- Person has slow or irregular breaths:
- Less than 8 times per minutes, or
- More than 10 seconds in between breaths
- Person is vomiting and does not wake up.
- If you are unsure if your friend needs help, call 911 and let them be the judge!
What are your Spring Break plans?